- This event has passed.
Practical Approach for Supply Chain Stress Relief
Being part of an industry constantly challenged by external factors can be massively challenging, yet also rewarding. In 2020/21, our industry rose to the challenges presented by the global pandemic of COVID-19 and the hard, but necessary lockdowns, yet again. After an initial blip of stockouts borne through panic buying, supplies flowed, and critical/essential items remained available. Our thanks to all of you who put yourselves on the frontline to keep us moving. The imposed lockdowns changed buyer behavior, likely forever. eCommerce channels have experienced massive upshifts in demand through 2020. The B2C online shopping model of smaller, more frequent, and faster shipments is in even greater demand, and in pursuit of market share, the logistics service providers (LSPs), need to adapt, again.
The industry must focus on customer-centricity now, but what does that really mean? During this conversation we’ll uncover:
- What does supply chain stress mean from the retailer, manufacturer, and 3PL perspectives?
- How to leverage technology for greater visibility and processing
- The different business cases for investing in supply chain visibility
- The challenge of data accumulation and processing
- People Vs automation in the field of warehouse and logistics operations